Join the Amplify Additive Team
Amplify Additive is an early-stage venture & privately backed company focused on the 4th Industrial Revolution – Metal Additive Manufacturing using Arcam EBM technology. We are focused on establishing our company to improve infrastructure and to help clients leverage additive manufacturing technology for designs in the Human Orthopedic Implant & Instrument Market as well as Veterinary market. Our unique offering stems from years of experience developing, manufacturing, and selling unique implants that leverage 3D metal printing, particularly in Titanium.
We are looking to hire.
Additive Manufacturing Engineer - Full Time
Responsible for collaborating on multiple additive manufacturing implant projects in close collaboration with Customers, Operations, and Marketing. The Additive Manufacturing Engineer will oversee the delivery of high quality and innovative products and procedural solutions that will optimize the use of new additive manufacturing technologies and will ensure delivery of best-in-class new products to enable the exceptional product performance and satisfaction of user needs.
This role oversees the design, development, optimization, and evaluation of mechanical assemblies or subsystems for medical devices and implants. The Additive Manufacturing Engineer uses new technologies, creative design thinking, and engineering principles to reduce product time to market while adhering to project deadlines and product costs.
The Additive Manufacturing Engineer is ultimately responsible for overall project quality, timeliness, and customer satisfaction.
Excellent work ethic; outstanding character while working within a team environment; excellent communication skills; self-starter; professional. The Additive Manufacturing Engineer position requires attention to detail, the ability to work in a very fast-paced, collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment, and a passion for quality and delivery excellence.
- Manages and reports on multiple projects; develops and maintains full project timelines for new product applications.
- Assembles and drives cross-functional project teams, identifies resources needed and delivers detailed project plans and schedules to ensure on-time completion of projects.
- Communicates frequently with the customer, team members, and Amplify Management regarding project status, and identifies and resolves project problems, issues, and risks.
- Executes the actions necessary to resolve project problems/issues and reports on mitigating steps and actions taken to ensure timely deliverables, project success, and quality.
- Serves as the primary liaison to Amplify customers and is responsible for maintaining consistent communications and creating a collaborative working relationship with the customer team.
- Provides weekly status reports highlighting accomplishments, plans, and issues to project team members and Amplify Management.
- Cultivates inter-departmental relationships and promotes a positive work environment.
- A background managing complex projects, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy. Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven process.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Ability to perform independently and under the pressure of time constraints.
- Utilizes sound and proven project management methodology (processes, best practices, tools, and templates).
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements to deliver projects more efficiently.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills.
- Confident team leader and team builder with strong motivational skills.
- Ability to understand the technical vision and communicate it to both technical and non-technical parties.
- CAD Experience (SolidWorks preferred)
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering or other technical discipline (Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, etc.). Master of Science preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Staff Engineer or Project Manager in an engineering or technical field. Experience in managing additive manufacturing projects is preferred.
- Experience in the Medical Device Industry or another highly regulated industry required with an in-depth understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA quality system requirements
- Experience with Regulatory pathway for Orthopedic Implants – 510(k) process – and testing required for various indications.
- Strong understanding of anatomy and common surgical procedures. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with an ability to communicate with marketing and customers including surgeons/key opinion leaders on clinical topics and surgical procedures.
- Work experience and knowledge of full life-cycle project implementation methodologies.
- Project Management Certification is not required but would be an asset.
Work Location: 68 Mussey Rd. Scarborough, ME 04074
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited vacation time
- Dental, Vision, Disability
- Stipend for Medical (offset against private insurance)
Contact: [email protected]